- Serverless -AWS Glue is a serverless platform. So, you don’t need to worry about setting up the server or investing in the necessary infrastructure.
- High – AWS Glue comes as a serverless platform, it has more cost attached to it. But, on the other hand, Amazon EMR is less costly as you already have the required setup.
- Flexible – AWS Glue is a flexible and easily scalable ETL platform as it works on AWS serverless platform.
- Better – AWS Glue is a flexible and easily scalable ETL platform as it works on AWS serverless platform.
- Slower and less stable – AWS Glue, you cannot store temp files, executable files on your end due to serverless infrastructure. This, in turn, affects the performance of the system.
- Server platform – Amazon EMR requires you to have the necessary infrastructure for big data operations. If you have the infrastructure, it is simple to deploy.
- Low – AWS Glue costs you around $0.44 per hour per DPU. So roughly, you would need to pay around $21 per day.
- Harder to scale – Amazon EMR is less flexible as it works on your onsite platform.
- Not so good – Amazon EMR can also be used for ETL operations, amongst many other database operations.
- Faster and more stable – Amazon EMR allows you to run the database faster and enhances the overall system performance.